Goat Island Light
Goat Island light was established in 1834, to guide mariners
into Cape Porpoise. A 20-foot stone tower was rebuilt in 1860, at which
point a fifth-order Fresnel lens was installed. The present 25-foot brick
structure was built in the 1880's. The boathouse was added in 1905, and
the oil house in 1907. Goat Island was the last manned light station in
Maine, and was the last Maine lighthouse to be automated in 1990.