Lubec Channel Light

The Lubec Channel light was built in 1889, and is a spark plug style cast-iron light.  The tower has five levels: two of which were the living quarters for the two male keepers.  The Lubec Channel light was stag, meaning that they were staffed by men only; not families like at other stations.  
The Lubec Channel light was automated in 1939.  In 1968 the Fresnel lens was removed, and replaced with a modern optic.

Lubec Channel Light as seen from the Mulholland Light
Roosevelt Campobello International Park
Return to the Maine lights page