Portland Breakwater (Bug) Light
The Portland Breakwater Light, also known as the Bug Light, was put into
operation in 1855, with a sixth-order fresnel lens. In 1889 a keeper's
house was built, but that was removed in 1934 when the light was
electrified. The light was finally extinguished in 1942.
(Bug Light, in the center of the picture, and the Portland Observatory,
the tall red building, in the background. This picture was taken
the pier at the Spring Point Ledge Light)