VALRAS-la-PLAGE (Herault) – le Phare
Edit E Turco
Historic Long Island
Montauk Point Lighthouse
Five miles from the quaint fishing village of Montauk, which is rich in Indian and Colonial history, stands the octagonal tower of Montauk Point Lighthouse. Authorized in 1795 by President George Washington, the tower was completed in 1796. It stands on the precipitous bluff which marks the extreme tip of Long Island, as shown in this aerial view.
“COME TO LONG ISLAND – LAND OF HISTORY”
Color Photo by Milt Price, Northport, N.Y.