The Cuckholds Light originally began as a fog station in 1892. In 1907, a light tower was added to the original signal house, as was a keeper's dwelling. The Cuckholds was one of the last lighthouses built on the Maine coast. The Fresnel lens was removed when the light was automated in 1975.
Return to the State of Maine Lights Page