This wooden octagonal tower was built in 1898, on the northwest end of Arrowsic Island. It is located at a double sharp bend in the Kennebec River. It is connected to land by a wooden walkway, and originally was outfitted with a fifth-order fresnel lens. Its characteristic features a white light that flashes every four seconds. Its height above water is 23 feet, and can be seen for 9 nautical miles. This light was automated in 1979.