Perkins Island Light
The Perkins Island light was erected in 1898, on the eastern
side of the Kennebec River. The 23-foot octagonal wooden tower was given a
fifth-order lens. In the early 1900's, a boathouse, oil house, and bell
tower were added. The light was automated in 1959, when the lens was
replaced with a 250 mm optic.
the State of Maine Lights Page