The Spring Point Light
The Spring Point Ledge light was completed in May 1897, on a
ledge at the west side of the main shipping channel into Portland Harbor.
This sparkplug style lighthouse is constructed of brick, on a cast-iron
caisson. The four levels inside contain the keeper's office, the watch
room, and two levels for living quarters. The light had a fifth-order
Fresnel lens installed, and was automated in 1934. In 1951, the 900-foot
breakwater was constructed.
View from shore
View from the Portland Breakwater (Bug) light
View of the Spring Point Ledge Light from Portland Head
the State of Maine Lights Page