Buffalo Breakwater (Old Bottle) Light
Established in 1903,
this white, bottle-shaped beacon pier light is one of two such lights on display along the
Seaway Trail. Constructed of boiler plate, it is about 30-feet high, and is
distinguished by four cast-iron port windows and a curved iron door. It was
typically equipped with a sixth-order Fresnel Lens.
In 1985, the light was
deactivated and later moved to its present location, as part of the Dunkirk Historical
Lighthouse and Veterens Park museum complex.