The Sodus Outer Light
1834, piers were erected, and a beacon placed at the end. A permenant beacon was
installed in 1870, in conjuntion with the construction of the replacement
lighthouse. In 1901, the Lighthouse Board determined the pier beacon to be
sufficient, and decommissioned the shore light. The keeper's quarters remained in
use by the US Coast Guard until 1984.
View of the Sodus Outer light from the Old Sodus
To reach the Outer Sodus Lighthouse, continue east along the lake front,
then north to a small park at the base of the West Pier.
Return to the Lighthouses of