The first lighthouse at St. Simons was built in 1810, but was destroyed by Confederate soldiers during the Civil War. the rebuilt lighthouse was completed in 1872. In march of 1880, Head Keeper Frederick Osborne was shot and killed during an altercation with an assistant. To this day, people claim to hear inexplicable footsteps in the tower. St. Simons Lighthouse was automated in 1953 and still serves as a U.S. Coast Guard aid to navigation.
Each Peg Hanger is metal with wire hangers.
Name and historical information on the back.
Size is approximately 7-1/4"h with hanger; 5-1/2" x 3-1/2" without.
This decorative collectible is metal with the image of a postcard on it.
Appears rusty on the edges, but that is the design.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 12 September, 2020.