Sturgeon Point Lighthouse
Sturgeon Point Lighthouse, built in 1869, now automated, is still in use guiding
mariners around the reef that extends 1-1/2 miles into Lake Huron at the easternmost point of land along
this shoreline. The Lightkeeper's quarters have been restored by the Alcona Historical Society and the
building is open for tours during the summer. The old boat on display is a Great Lakes fishing boat used in
lakes Superior and Huron. It was raised from the rivermouth of the AuSable River. The lighthouse is
located several miles north of Harrisville, Michigan.
POSTCARD ID #:
Each postcard is sleeved in a clear 2mil sleeve made out of polyethylene, polypropylene and polyester. All
of these materials have passed the Photo Activity Test (P.A.T.) certifying that they are safe for long-term
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 22 July, 2018.