JONES POINT LIGHTHOUSE
The following two images and captions were taken from the US Coast Guard Historic Light Station Information and Photography page
File No. 140; Copy Negative No. 051672-18; "Jones Point Light Station: Jones Point Light Station, located on a point in the Upper Potomac River, is a white skeleton tower, with an automatically operated 70 candlepower light situated 60 feet above the water. The station was first established in 1855, with the light resting on the roof of the keeper's house. Rebuilt in 1926, the light was moved about 100 feet to the skeleton tower shown here."; 1942?; photographed by "Domer."
US Coast Guard photo
no photo number/caption [photo of the abandoned and dilapidated structure--photo is slightly out of focus]; 9 October 1961; photographer unknown.
Return to the Jones Point Lighthouse page